Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How to grill pizza... wrong

This pizza looks delicious, yes? So flavorful and healthy and crispy from the grill. What an exciting endeavor, spending a Saturday making whole wheat pizza dough and then cooking on my little grill for the first time! Well... not so much.

Once my charcoal was nice and hot I rolled out my dough, slathered it in olive oil, and flipped it onto the grill. Once the dough was bubbly and seemed to be actually baking I put my toppings on top.

I used LE Roselli's Pizza Sauce (My absolute favorite. BUY IT. Or make your own. Whichev.), hunks of mozzarella, shaved parmesan, a handful of arugula and a few basil leaves from my windowsill garden.

Once the cheese got a little melty I slid it onto my handy dandy pizza board. I love this thing. You can slice directly on it and not damage it. But you'll notice some strange black marks to the right of the board that were not there before I put the pizza on it. Hmm.

I know what you're thinking. "Wow, Jane, that pizza looks delicious! What could've gone wrong? I would be happy to eat that amazing pizza." WELL.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. I completely BURNT the entire bottom. The dang pizza was only on the grill for probably 6 or 7 minutes. So awful. I will never recover.

4 comments:

  1. ^ So damn bionic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suspenseful and delicious. Like a murder mystery with an edible corpse, but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favorite post yet.

    ReplyDelete